Friday, January 19, 2007

Why Flight Technology?

I will be writing about flight technology for this project because it is the major I am most interested in. I had always dreamt about flying since i was a kid although the thought of being a pilot hadn't ever crossed my mind until the second time I had been on a plane. Every time I get on a plane it's such a thrilling experience. My favorite part is the lift off. I love the speed and finally feeling yourself rise into the air. It's almost like an extreme rollercoster then. Once you're in the air you don't even notice the movement anymore then you do in a car. In fact it is a much more comfortable ride. I also love looking out the window at everything below as we rise. I hate when it's cloudy because you can't see the ground once you're past the clouds. I remember coming back from Venice all I could see was the ocean. It's a pretty scary thought knowing that if anything goes wrong you can't even land! Although, it's very unlikely that serious things happen. I also love how fast you can travel. By getting my pilots licence I would love to own a jet and be able to fly anywhere whenever I wanted to. Getting paid to something that I would love seems perfect; Especially when it's a six figure salary. During this paper I may also want to explore some serious bad things about it which holds me back from my final decision. Overall this subject is in great interest and I would love to learn more about it.

2 comments:

onewingedangel said...

Shelly, I share your love for flight! I flew for the first time when I was seven and I loved it However this topic seems like it may be a little difficult to get an eight page paper out of, although it seems like a great topic for you to write about to help you explore your interests. Because this paper is a research paper I think you should focus more on controversial aspects of your topic, like changes in security since 9/11 or what it takes to become a pilot. You could also discuss the great deal of advancement in the past decade in flight technology. I think you should definitely explore the topic and see what is new and what is going on in the field right now (that is how I found my final topic of choice). Once you narrow your topic down it seems like this is something you will really enjoy researching and writing about, especially if you’re considering a career in this field. I think drawing on your love of flight will keep you motivated and on the right track with the paper.

cmerritt said...

You have chosen a great topic. You love flight, and if your major is in this area then writing your paper on this topic should really help out. It seems as though you might not really be headed in any certain direction as of first blog. Maybe you should choose a certain area of aviation so that you can get a full eight pages out of your topic. I can't really think of exactly how you could narrow your topic down because I don't know much about flying. I don't know what major you would get into to become a pilot. I am sure that if this is your chosen major that you are taking classes about flying. Maybe there is some subject matter you are covering in one of your classes that you can use to narrow down your ideas. Aviation is a great start, but it is a subject for a paper that would be much longer than eight pages. Maybe you could go into what exactly a person would need to do to become a commercial pilot, or what a person would need to do to become whatever type of pilot you want to be. That would be very informational for someone like me, knowing very little about the subject area.