Friday, February 9, 2007

Book Reveiws

Blog 6

One of the books that I have already cited was The American Aviation Experience by Tim Brady. I am using this book in my Intro to Aeronautics class. It is only in chapter 2, that the Wrights are spoken about, but this book I'm sure will be very helpful. In other chapters, it gives more information than you would ever want to know about people that influenced or worked with them. It briefly mentions some things about the Wright brother's growing up, but it mainly covers all of their work in aviation. This book will be a lot more helpful to me when I start talking about their findings in their studies and flight success. This book is great for the details I'm looking for, but I wouldn't recommend it to many people.

Another book I have already used is Aerospace: The Journey of Flight by Jeff Motgomery. I am also using this in my aeronautics class. This book also focuses on the brother's aviation work, so this one will also be more helpful later with my research. It gives general information about the brother's work. I like this book better than The American Aviation Experience because it's very straight forward. Although, I expect this book to be less helpful because The American Aviation Experience has much more information.

2 comments:

Mr. E said...

Those are very good books to reffer to, wehn talking about aeronautics. Since they are text books for students as well, they will be very informative and contain a lot of detailed information. I hope to see a lot of good work from this Shelly. I was thinking about it too, and I don't know where you plan on going with this, but if you feel like getting into the physics of aeronautics that would probably be a good idea. Explaing how and why planes do what they do; fly...lol

aegri_somnia said...

I know nearly nothing of aviation. All I know is that planes fly, and that Im glad that they do when I travel in one. Im sure I wouldn't mind reading one of these books, just as long as it wasn't for a long duration. Maybe you could sumerize the mechanics of flight?