Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Reflection

So far my project on the Wright Brothers has been going good. I have found a decent amount of work on them and am lucky that the work is very detailed as I put it together. I am going to be frustrated when i am working on my two page paper because I am having a hard time thinking of a theme. The brothers have done so much, so it's hard to pick one specific thing to elaborate on. Maybe I'll focus on the brother's life before their airplane accomplishments. I have learned so many extra details about the brothers accomplishments that they aren't as well known for, such as they were printers, writers, and bicycle mechanics. I also get a feel for their personalities while I am doing this project. They kept to themselves a lot because they were very fearful their ideas would be stolen. They also thought very highly of themselves, while others aerospace engineers didn't think twice about these unknown boys from Dayton. The brothers knew from day one that they would be accomplishing successful and controlled flight. They were also very hard workers that were independent in that they never cared for a wife. They also wanted to prove themselves to the world.

Overall my project so far seems to be well paced. I'm trying not to get too far ahead to their flight success yet because I need to have that to write about later. I assume that if I run into any troubles I can always ask for Dr. Netty's help. He is a very impressive professor that even wrote a chapter in The American Aviation Experience that I used in my last blog.

Also today I applied for Flight Technology, so I am now under the program. Yay!

Wilbur Wright

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at <span class=Photobucket" src="http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/shellfish0261/Wilbur_Portrait.jpg" border=0>


Orville Wright
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at <span class=Photobucket" src="http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/shellfish0261/Orville_Portrait200.jpg" border=0>


Pictures found at http://www.wright-house.com/wright-brothers/Wrights.html

3 comments:

onewingedangel said...

I’m glad to hear everything is going well for you in your research!

Awilli21 said...

Sounds like your research is going very well. It's always easier to write about a topic when it actually interests you. Other then the obvious I don't know much about the Wright brothers so I am definatly interested in reading more about your research.

Unknown said...

Your photo links only go to Photobucket, not to pictures of the Wright brothers.