Sunday, March 11, 2007

Progress

Blog 9

Up to this point I have always had plenty of sources to go to. I am a little worried about putting everything into the instant expert paper which is supposed to be a minimum of 12 pages. There is only so much you can write about two people. I think that I might have to elaborate on people that worked with the Wright's to be able to complete the paper. I think I will write a lot about their rivals and some of the accomplishments that were made in France before the Wrights even began working on the plane. I also hope to find detailed information of how they actually put the plane together.

For the opposing paper that is due Tuesday, March 13, I was puzzled what I would write about. The Wright's don't have opposing things about them. They always worked together and seemed just alike. First I thought of doing something about how the car was built, but that wouldn't have anything beneficial to my final paper and sounded pretty boring to me. Thanks to Beth, she came up with the idea of writing about the rivals. So far all my research has been promising for this paper. I think I will be able to complete it without any problem.

Overall I think everything will turn out ok. I wish I would have picked a subject that was slightly broader, such as all the accomplishments working to make the plane. Then I could have talked about several people's work. I think my subject will turn out fine; it will just be a little more work looking for the details of everything.

1 comment:

onewingedangel said...

Shelly,
Your welcome for the suggestion I am glad I could help! =)
I think everyone is a little nervous about the instant expert paper, but it is not 12 pages of writing. You could include pictures of the brothers and their first models of planes, quotes from old newspapers about their flights, any and every source you have used (whether or not you will use it in your final paper or not) and anything relevant about the brothers that will make 12 pages. As far as your overall paper and your subject I think it might be helpful to include information about the rivals and other important people that worked with the brothers because that was a part of their lives as well. I think you will do fine so don’t stress yourself out to much!