Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Expository vs. Persuasive

Blog 12

My paper is going to be an expository paper that informs people about the Wright Brothers. I didn't realize it when I started it, but it is turning out to be a biography. I have learned so many interesting facts about the brothers that most people wouldn't know. I think it's interesting that before the boys were even teenagers they both knew that they wanted to build a plane to carry somebody in the air. Another thing I found astonishing about them was that neither of them even completed high school. If it wasn't for their parents believing in them so much, I'm not sure they could have ever come this far.

I thought about doing a persuasive paper after I had worked on my anti-paper. My anti-paper was about Glenn Curtiss since him and the Wright's had become rivals. If I would have done this I would have taken the Wright brother's side because everything they did came before Glenn Curtiss' work. Although, I do feel bad for Glenn Curtiss because he was never recognized at all until after his death. It's interesting thinking of how my paper would have ended up if I would have chosen him. When I did the two page paper on him it was harder to find as much information about him. I'm glad I didn't pick him because I think it would be a stretch trying to find all the information about him that I would need. The Wright brothers have a millions of web pages to go to and I'm a lot more confident that I can make the research paper about them.

No comments: