Sunday, March 11, 2007

Blog Review

Blog 8

I have come across another person's blog that I would recommend to others. The blog is called, "Matt's Today in History." The blog covers several different articles of important dates in history in a scattered order. Now you may wonder why I would recommend a blog that seems put together in a random order. Well, I read the post called "The Wright Brothers Take Flight, December 17, 1903" and saw all the information was all accurate. This post gives an overview of the Wright brother's lives. The article seems a decent length, just long enough to hit all the high points. It seems he wrote the main points in a very summarized way, which would be helpful to many other people. Not many people will necessarily need a long eight page paper covering every little detail about the Wrights, so I find that this short eight paragraph blog would be great for the average person looking to find a little information for their own knowledge.

The only thing I didn't agree with in this post was when Matt wrote, "at first glance, the Wright brothers don’t quite seem to be the inventor type" (paragraph 2). I wondered why he said that. I am aware it is his own opinion and it is also only my opinion to disagree. The reason I disagree is because of the information I learned about their childhood. They always were curious people. They always wanted to learn something new and thought they could do anything they put their mind to. Which I happen to think the same thing after realizing everything the brothers accomplished. Other than that statement, I believe this would be overall a nicely written post that could be beneficial to people who want a quick overview of the brothers lives.


Dattilo, Matt. Matt's Today in History. "The Wright Brother's Take Flight, December 17, 1903." 18 Dec. 2005. 11 March 2007. <http://mattstodayinhistory.blogspot.com/2005_12_01_archive.html>

1 comment:

onewingedangel said...

Shelly,
It seems that you have found a really nice source for your paper in this Blog you have described. Knowing what I know from your papers and your blog it really does seem that his statement is wrong about the brothers not being the ‘inventor type’. All the work they did from their early years, all of their experiments and tinkering, their curiosity about flight from such a young age, that is the very definition of what it is to be an inventor. I think your opinion is certainly right here so don’t worry about it!